Vermont is a place where small business thrives. It’s one of my favorite things about the green mountain state. Not only are Vermonters’ keenly interested in building businesses to support the communities they love, organizations, such as Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility (VBSR), and state laws favor small businesses over big corporations. In fact, according to the Small Business Association, over 90 percent of Vermont’s businesses qualify as small businesses and they provide employment to over 60 percent of Vermont’s workforce. This has made our state an ideal place for creatives and independents to sell their wares and build their dreams.
All too often though, talented people with brilliant ideas who are amazing at their craft, struggle with the financial aspects of running a business. That’s where a skilled Vermont bookkeeping specialist comes in.
Why Bookkeeping in Vermont is Key
As a small business owner, you have a lot on your plate: product development, strategy, marketing, funding, and other key aspects of running a business that demand your attention on a daily basis. Add to this the fact that not all founders have a background in finances or a working knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable, or taxes and bookkeeping can easily get put on the back burner. Sadly, more than a few amazing business ideas have failed simply because of a lack of bookkeeping skills. But that doesn’t have to be the case with your small business.
Professional bookkeeping in Vermont can keep your business alive and thriving every step of the way. As a professional bookkeeper, I can help your business by:
- Organizing and reviewing your finances with you. This will help you see the “big picture” of your business and learn where to make needed adjustments in your business plan.
- Keeping you up to date with monthly reports. Monthly reports help you to understand how your money is being used each month, which is key to making wise decisions about spending and investing.
- Saving your business money. Hiring a bookkeeper actually saves you money in the long run. I can help you avoid unnecessary human errors and make sure all your bills and tax obligations are paid on time. (Say goodbye to late fees!) Plus, your time is money and with someone caring for your books, you’ll have more time to spend actually running your business.
- Teaching you to get a handle on your own finances. For smaller startups who want to learn this aspect of running a business, I can help you to get a basic working knowledge of how to use QuickBooks so that you can manage and organize your own finances.
- Giving you peace of mind. With a trained professional taking care of your books, you don’t have to wonder how your business is doing financially, whether you’ll survive the next fiscal year, or how much you’ll owe in taxes next quarter. I will keep your finances organized and offer you regular updates on your financial status so you always have the answers to those questions available. You’ll have less stress and it will be easier for you to maintain your work-life balance.
Get Help Bookkeeping in Vermont
Creative Solutions is an affordable way to handle bookkeeping in Vermont without hiring a full time, in-house accountant. Using modern computing systems and QuickBooksOnline software, I offer virtual bookkeeping services to small businesses and entrepreneurs as a secure and precise accounting solution.
Contact me today to discuss how I can help your Vermont small business stay financially healthy and become an established fixture in the local community you love.